The VIP is a streamlined approach to reduce emissions by replacing old, high-polluting vehicles with newer, lower-emission vehicles. This program is limited to owners/operators with fleets of 10 or fewer vehicles that have been operating at least 75% (mileage-based) in California during the previous twenty four (24) months.
The goal of this program is to reduce emissions from in-use heavy-duty trucks in small fleets by replacing Engine Model Years 2009 and older with Engine Model Years 2013 (or newer) emissions compliant models. The VIP is implemented by South Coast AQMD through contractual agreements with Dealers and Dismantlers. The Dealers will apply to South Coast AQMD for the vouchers on behalf of the applicant. If approved, the voucher amount will be deducted from the total purchase price of the truck by the Dealer.
Applicants interested in replacing their truck must purchase their replacement truck through an South Coast AQMD-approved VIP Participating Dealership that has completed the required training for the VIP. A current list of South Coast AQMD approved Dealerships and Dismantlers is included below. Additional updates to these lists will be posted on our webpage as they become available.
- First-Come, First-Served Basis (no application deadline; open until funds are exhausted)
- Rapid Response Time: Applicant is notified within 15 business days of submitting application for funding
- Exclusively for small fleets (10 or fewer trucks)
- Maximum of $160K available per truck for replacements meeting 0.02 NOx or cleaner and up to $410K available for Zero-Emission (ZE) replacement trucks
- No contract required between applicant and South Coast AQMD
Additional Information (Revised as of February 28, 2022):
- VIP Guidelines (PDF, 1.4MB) (from CARB website)
- Truck Replacement Funding Matrices (in operation by December 31, 2022, or later if granted a manufacturer delay compliance option under the Truck & Bus Regulation):
- (PDF, 715KB)
- South Coast AQMD VIP Application (PDF, 866KB)
(Please submit the VIP application and all supporting documentation as one PDF file scanned in color to the following email address: VIP_Program@aqmd.gov)
PARA ASISTENCIA•FOR ASISTANCEPLEASE CONTACT A DEALERSHIP